This page has incident feeds below the incident resource links. These feeds are from CAL FIRE, Inciweb, and the USFS. Click to skip to feeds.
For up to the minute fire information use the resources listed below.
Shortcuts to timely incident info.
- Sierra News Online Facebook Page
- Mountain Fires & Emergency Facebook Group
- CAL FIRE Facebook Page
- CAL FIRE Current Incidents Page
- CAL FIRE Statewide Fire Map
- CAL FIRE TV
- Oakhurst Area Facebook Page
- InciWeb California Incidents
- Sierra Star Online Facebook Page
Madera Mariposa Merced Counties Fire (MMU) Live Dispatch Radio Audio Feed
Click for more incident links page.
During the off season the information in the feeds will mostly be from the last fire season, or prescribed burn activity, and current events.
For a fire to reach incident level, the fire has to have grown to the point of needing a command center. Lack of incidents is good!! You want this page to be inactive!
- Paskenta Fire (Tehama County) Started 6/24/2017, updated 6/24/2017 June 24, 2017
- Creek Fire (Fresno County) Started 6/23/2017, updated 6/24/2017 June 24, 2017
- Quimby Fire (Santa Clara County) Started 6/21/2017, updated 6/23/2017 June 23, 2017
- Lone Fire (Butte County) Started 6/22/2017, updated 6/22/2017 June 22, 2017
- Highway Fire (Butte County) Started 6/22/2017, updated 6/22/2017 June 22, 2017
- Highway Fire (Wildfire) June 24, 2017Command of the fire has been turned back to the Kern River Ranger District as fire management continues operating this fire under a Type-4 organization.Firefighters continued improving hand line construction and mop up operations and were able to hold and improve containment lines around the fire. Suppression repair operations have begun and excess resources are […]
- Holcomb Fire (Wildfire) June 24, 2017Current Situation: The Holcomb Fire began around 3:05 PM on June 19th. The fire is currently 1,503 acres, with 80 percent containment. There are currently 1,163 firefighters assigned including: 64 Engines, 27 Water Tenders, 27 Hand-crews, 1 Dozers, 2 Air Tankers, and 1 Air Attack.Click the following links for the most recent Operations Map, and […]
- Dinkey South Understory (Prescribed Fire) June 19, 2017Well, we have finally come to the end of our burning season for this spring’s prescribed fire efforts here on the High Sierra Ranger District, Sierra NF. On Thursday June 15th we had our last day of ignitions on the Dinkey South Underburn, which allowed for the completion of unit DS-2. Between units DS-1 (80 […]
- Shasta-Trinity RX Fire Operations (Prescribed Fire) May 26, 2017On Monday May 15 crews successfully burned approximately 350 acres in the Green Mountain prescribed fire operation, located approximately seven miles north of Redding near the confluence of the Squaw and Pit Arms of Shasta Lake. Visitors to that area of Shasta Lake are advised that there may be still some smoke from interior portions […]
- Klamath Prescribed Burning 2016-2017 (Prescribed Fire) May 24, 2017Fall and Winter Prescribed Burns Planned Beginning this fall, fire personnel on the Klamath National Forest will be engaged in prescribed underburning and pile burning of forest vegetation. In order to meet future challenges in the most effective way possible, the U.S. Forest Service will continue to use these prescribed burning methods as tools to […]
- Holcomb Fire Morning Update June 24, 2017 (Holcomb Fire Wildfire) June 24, 2017SAN BERNARDINO, California, June 24, 2017 – Firefighters persistent and arduous efforts have increased containment to 80%. Evening infrared mapping has decreased the acreage to 1,503. The highest priority is to protect the safety of fire personnel and human life followed by the protection of private property and structures. Over 1,100 firefighters from the Forest […]
- Holcomb Fire Evening Update June 23, 2017 (Holcomb Fire Wildfire) June 24, 2017SAN BERNARDINO, California, June 23, 2017 – Hard work and continued progress by firefighters helped maintain fire size at 1,562 acres and increased containment to 75% on the Holcomb Fire. The highest priority is to protect the safety of fire personnel and to protect human life followed by the protection of private property and structures. […]
- NightWatch – The Forest Service Eye in the Sky (Holcomb Fire Wildfire) June 23, 2017On the Holcomb Fire near Big Bear, the US Forest Service has been utilizing firefighting aircraft both during the day and at night. The public is most familiar with helicopters and airtankers, but the unsung workhorse in the sky that often is overlooked is the Air Attack plane circling high overhead, and in Southern California, […]
- Holcomb Fire Morning Update June 23 (Holcomb Fire Wildfire) June 23, 2017U.S. Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region San Bernardino National Forest 602 S. Tippecanoe Avenue San Bernardino, CA 92408 Voice: 909-382-2600 Web: http://www.fs.usda.gov/sbnf/ News Release Contact: Chon Bribiescas 909-331-0599 http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/ Date: June 23, 2017 Holcomb Fire Morning Update SAN BERNARDINO, California, June 23, 2017 – Hard work and continued progress by firefighters with the aid of […]
- Holcomb Fire Evening Update June 22, 2017 (Holcomb Fire Wildfire) June 23, 2017SAN BERNARDINO, California, June 22, 2017 – Highway 18 is set to reopen tomorrow at 0600. Drivers are asked to reduce their speed and be alert for fire personnel and heavy equipment on the road as firefighters continue to work in the area. Firefighters manage to hold the fire to 1562 acres while battling warm […]
- Forest Order No.05-15-00-17-05/06/07/08 Wilderness Grazing May 23, 2017This document explains the reationale and the regulatory basis for implementing grazing restrictions for the Ansel Adams, John Muir and Dinkey lakes Wilderness areas onthe Sierra National Forest. Forest Order #05-15-00-17-05/06/07/08 Wilderness Grazing
- Crown Fire Closure September 27, 2016The following areas are closed due to the Crown Fire that is currently burning in the John Muir Wilderness. This fire is expected to grow within the next few weeks as crews work on the fire. Forest-Order 05-15-00-16-13
- Fire Restrictions 2016 July 8, 2016The following restrictions are now in place on the Sierra National Forest. For more information please contact your local ranger station. CURRENT: Forest Order 05-15-00-16-16 Forest Order 05-15-00-16-15 Forest Order 05-15-00-16-12 Forest Order 05-15-00-16-09 Forest Order 05-15-00-16-08
- Tree Mortality Forest Order May 31, 2016Due to a large amount of dead trees in the Sierra National Forest, leadership has decided with the safety of the public in mind to close the following areas to the public. These areas will remain closed until otherwise advised by the Forest Service. For more information contact your local Forest Service office. CURRENT: Forest […]
- Wilderness Permit Forest Order May 20, 2016This forest order explains the need to renew and implement Wilderness Permits when entering the Sierra National Forest %3ASNF%3A. For more information about this order, please contact your local Ranger Station. Forest Order 05-15-00-16-01
- The Sierra National Forest Solicits Campground Concessionaires June 22, 2017%3Ah3 style="text-align: center;"%3AThe Sierra National Forest Solicits Campground Concessionaires%3A/h3%3A Clovis, California, June 22, 2017 – Sierra National Forest %3ANF%3A announced today the solic...
- Weather Delays Some Campground Openings on the Sierra NF June 8, 2017%3Ah3 style="text-align: center;"%3AWeather Delays Some Campground Openings on the Sierra National Forest %3A/h3%3A Clovis, CA. June 08, 2017 – After an extraordinary winter on the Sierra Nati...
- The Sierra National Forest Plans Dinkey South RX Fire June 7, 2017%3Ah3 style="text-align: center;"%3AThe Sierra National Forest %3ANF%3A Plans the Dinkey South Understory Prescribed %3ARx%3A Fire %3A/h3%3A Prather, CA June 06, 2017 - Fire Managers on the High Sierra Rang...
- Water/Boating Safety Equals Summer Enjoyment on the Sierra NF June 2, 2017%3Ah3 style="text-align: center;"%3AWater/Boating Safety Equals Summer Enjoyment on the Sierra National Forest%3A/h3%3A Clovis, CA June 02, 2017 – With the warm summer weather upon us, it is time to ...
- Campfire Safety Prevents Wildfires June 2, 2017%3Ah3 style="text-align: center;"%3ACampfire Safety Prevents Wildfires %3A/h3%3A Clovis, CA June 02, 2017 – With the Memorial Day Weekend behind us, schools will be letting out for the summer an...