This page has incident feeds below the incident resource links. These feeds are from CAL FIRE, Inciweb, and the USFS. Click to skip to feeds.
For up to the minute fire information use the resources listed below.
Shortcuts to timely incident info.
- Sierra News Online Facebook Page
- Mountain Fires & Emergency Facebook Group
- CAL FIRE Facebook Page
- CAL FIRE Current Incidents Page
- CAL FIRE Statewide Fire Map
- CAL FIRE TV
- Oakhurst Area Facebook Page
- InciWeb California Incidents
- Sierra Star Online Facebook Page
Madera Mariposa Merced Counties Fire (MMU) Live Dispatch Radio Audio Feed
Click for more incident links page.
During the off season the information in the feeds will mostly be from the last fire season, or prescribed burn activity, and current events.
For a fire to reach incident level, the fire has to have grown to the point of needing a command center. Lack of incidents is good!! You want this page to be inactive!
- Palm Fire (Riverside County) Started 11/14/2017, updated 11/16/2017 November 17, 2017
- Helena - Fork Fire (Trinity County) Started 8/30/2017, updated 11/16/2017 November 16, 2017
- Loma Fire (San Diego County) Started 10/13/2017, updated 11/14/2017 November 14, 2017
- Buffalo Fire (San Diego County) Started 10/17/2017, updated 11/14/2017 November 14, 2017
- Miller Complex (Siskiyou County) Started 8/14/2017, updated 11/14/2017 November 14, 2017
- Helena - Fork Fire (Wildfire) November 15, 2017Property owners who have been affected by the Helena Fire can contact Trinity County for information on disaster cleanup: (530) 739-2710, or visit office next to ACE Hardware in Weaverville on Main Street (Hwy 299), Hours M-F: 9am – 5pm, Sat: 8am – noonMore information about the Helena Recovery program can be found on Trinity […]
- Shasta-Trinity Prescribed Fires 2017-18 (Prescribed Fire) November 15, 2017See the 'Announcements' Tab for the latest information on planned prescribed burns. The Shasta-Trinity National Forest plans to initiate prescribed fire operations this fall as weather patterns shift to cooler temperatures and wetter conditions. Forest specialists will continue to monitor local weather conditions and, as circumstances become favorable, district employees will initiate planned ignitions. Prescribed […]
- Klamath Prescribed Burning 2017-2018 (Prescribed Fire) November 15, 2017In order to meet future challenges in the most effective way possible, the Forest will continue to use prescribed burning as a tool in our mission to reduce build-up of hazardous fuels, restore forest ecosystems, and improve resiliency and safety of communities within the wildland urban interface. Planned projects include burning piles of stacked materials […]
- Eureka Fire (Wildfire) November 7, 2017The Eureka Fire is burning west of Johnsville, CA near McRae Meadow. It was ignited by lightning on Tuesday, September 5 and is being managed under an alternative suppression approach. A “Confine and Contain” suppression strategy is being utilized to keep the fire in a planned area. Fire line and natural barriers are limiting the […]
- Cedar East Omnibus & Lewis Camp (Prescribed Fire) November 4, 2017Fire staff completed ignitions on the last segment of the Cedar East Prescribed Burn unit on October 20, 2017, for a total of 186 acres treated since October 17, 2017. The difference from the planned total acreage of 192 for this segment is due to variable weather that created good conditions for prescribed burning in […]
- Prescribed Burning Planned November 15 (Shasta-Trinity Prescribed Fires 2017-18 Prescribed Fire) November 15, 2017Sims Reforestation Site Prep and Roadside Fuelbreak Buffer: 10 miles north/northwest of Hyampom, 75 acresDekkas Rock piles, Shasta Lake area, 5 acres
- Happy Camp/Oak Knoll Burn Notification (Klamath Prescribed Burning 2017-2018 Prescribed Fire) November 15, 2017Contingent upon weather conditions meeting burn plan prescriptions, the Happy Camp / Oak Knoll Ranger District of the Klamath NF will implement the following prescribed burn projects: Project Name: Happy Oak District Piles – Blue and Salt salvage landings Agency contact: USFS/KNF/Happy Camp Matt Watson 530-465-1520 Legal Location: T46N 12W sec. 35,36,25 Descriptive Location: South […]
- Prescribed Burning Planned November 14 (Shasta-Trinity Prescribed Fires 2017-18 Prescribed Fire) November 14, 2017Sims Reforestation Site Prep and Roadside Fuelbreak Buffer, 10 miles north/northwest of Hyampom, 75 acresNorth Lake piles, northern end of Trinity Lake, 10
- Goosenest Burn Notification (Klamath Prescribed Burning 2017-2018 Prescribed Fire) November 14, 2017Goosenest Fire Management will be burning hand piles and landing piles in the First Creek and Lodgepole Station Area.What: Landing PilesWhere: T44N R3W Sec. 1,3,11; T45N R3W Sec. 26,27,34,36Lower, East aspect of Goosenest Mtn.When: 11/14/2017 – 11/16/2017Burn Boss: John Brodbeck or Mary DanielsTrainee: Jeff MaloneyWhat: Hand piles and landing pilesWhere: T46N R3W and T46N R4W; […]
- Salmon/Scott River District Burn Notification (Klamath Prescribed Burning 2017-2018 Prescribed Fire) November 13, 2017Salmon/Scott River Ranger District, Salmon River Division will be conducting district wide pile burning from 11/14/2017-12/14/2017 Project Name: KNF Salmon River District Wide Pile BurningAgency Contact: Ron McEwen (530) 468 1271, Salmon/Scott District Office (530) 468 5351Type of Burn: Low Complexity Pile BurnLocation: Klamath National Forest-Salmon Division- North & South Fork Salmon RiverTotal Acreage: 150 […]
- Fire Restrictions August 9, 2017The following restrictions are now in place on the Sierra National Forest. For more information please contact your local ranger station. CURRENT: Forest Order 05-15-00-17-16 Sierra NF Fire Restrictions Forest Order 05-15-00-17-17 Wilderness Campfire Restrictions John Muir and Ansel Adams Wilderness Areas
- Forest Order No.05-15-00-17-05/06/07/08 Wilderness Grazing May 23, 2017This document explains the reationale and the regulatory basis for implementing grazing restrictions for the Ansel Adams, John Muir and Dinkey lakes Wilderness areas onthe Sierra National Forest. Forest Order #05-15-00-17-05/06/07/08 Wilderness Grazing
- Crown Fire Closure September 27, 2016The following areas are closed due to the Crown Fire that is currently burning in the John Muir Wilderness. This fire is expected to grow within the next few weeks as crews work on the fire. Forest-Order 05-15-00-16-13
- Tree Mortality Forest Order May 31, 2016Due to a large amount of dead trees in the Sierra National Forest, leadership has decided with the safety of the public in mind to close the following areas to the public. These areas will remain closed until otherwise advised by the Forest Service. For more information contact your local Forest Service office. CURRENT: Forest […]
- Wilderness Permit Forest Order May 20, 2016This forest order explains the need to renew and implement Wilderness Permits when entering the Sierra National Forest %3ASNF%3A. For more information about this order, please contact your local Ranger Station. Forest Order 05-15-00-16-01
- Sierra National Forest closing Minarets Road to repair damage suffered during 2017 winter storms October 27, 2017Sierra National Forest closing Minarets Road to repair damage suffered during 2017 winter storms Clovis, California October 27, 2017 – Last winter’s storms brought much needed rain and ...
- Sierra National Forest Bass Lake Ranger District prescribed fire program update October 27, 2017Sierra National Forest Bass Lake Ranger District prescribed fire program update North Fork, California, October 24, 2017 - “The Sierra National Forest, Bass Lake Ranger District, is preparing...
- Sierra National Forest does prescribed burning in the Teakettle experimental forest October 27, 2017Sierra National Forest does prescribed burning in the Teakettle experimental forest Prather, CA, October 25, 2017 – The Sierra National Forest began the Teakettle Experimental Forest prescrib...