This page has incident feeds below the incident resource links. These feeds are from CAL FIRE, Inciweb, and the USFS. Click to skip to feeds.
For up to the minute fire information use the resources listed below.
Shortcuts to timely incident info.
- Sierra News Online Facebook Page
- Mountain Fires & Emergency Facebook Group
- CAL FIRE Facebook Page
- CAL FIRE Current Incidents Page
- CAL FIRE Statewide Fire Map
- CAL FIRE TV
- Oakhurst Area Facebook Page
- InciWeb California Incidents
- Sierra Star Online Facebook Page
Madera Mariposa Merced Counties Fire (MMU) Live Dispatch Radio Audio Feed
Click for more incident links page.
During the off season the information in the feeds will mostly be from the last fire season, or prescribed burn activity, and current events.
For a fire to reach incident level, the fire has to have grown to the point of needing a command center. Lack of incidents is good!! You want this page to be inactive!
- August Complex Post-Fire BAER (Burned Area Emergency Response) April 7, 2021THREE PHASES OF WILDFIRE RECOVERY There are three phases of recovery following wildfires on federal lands: Fire Suppression Repair Emergency Stabilization-Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) Long-Term Recovery and Restoration Fire Suppression Repair is a series of immediate post-fire actions taken to repair damages and minimize potential soil erosion and impacts resulting from fire suppression activities […]
- Elk Fire 2021 (Wildfire) April 6, 2021In the afternoon of Sunday, April 4, Klamath National Forest firefighters responded to a fire in the Elk Creek area, about seven miles southeast of the town of Happy Camp. CAL FIRE resources also responded with a helicopter and a fire crew. Rugged terrain and numerous snags from previous fires in the area have presented challenges […]
- Shasta-Trinity RX Burning 2020/2021 (Prescribed Fire) March 30, 2021See the 'Announcements' and 'News' Tabs for the latest information on current prescribed burns. As temperatures drop and the first precipitation of the season arrives, the Shasta-Trinity National Forest begins conducting its fall, winter and spring prescribed fire projects. Pre-planned prescribed fire projects may take place at specific locations across the forest from November 2020 […]
- Klamath NF RX Burning 2020/2021 (Prescribed Fire) March 23, 2021After a challenging fire season, the arrival of rain and snow has allowed Klamath National Forest firefighters to shift their focus to prescribed pile burning activities. Recent wildfires and their effects on communities have underscored the need for the continuance of fuels reduction projects. Fuels reduction not only helps to make communities more defensible during wildfires, but also […]
- KRRD 2021 Prescribed Fire (Prescribed Fire) March 19, 20218 slash piles completed on the Havilah Work Center compound, 3/18/2021.District 2020-2021 Prescribed Burn News Release, dated Jan. 2021:News Release - January 28, 2021: Hazardous Fuels Reduction projects are scheduled this winter on two mountaintops within the Kern River Ranger District on the Sequoia National Forest. Projects will also be along the Kern River corridor and […]
- August Complex-North Post-Fire BAER 2500-8 Assessment Report Released (August Complex Post-Fire BAER Burned Area Emergency Response) April 7, 2021August Complex-North Post-Fire BAER 2500-8 Assessment Report Released The Shasta-Trinity and Klamath National Forests recently received funding for emergency stabilization measures on Forest Service System lands burned by the August Complex Fire. The emergency treatments and activities are designed to decreased possible impacts to values-at-risk from the northern portion of the August Complex burned area such as: life […]
- Update 04.06.2021 (Elk Fire 2021 Wildfire) April 6, 2021April 6, 2021 - As of this morning fire behavior on the Elk Fire has moderated significantly. Estimated acreage remains at between 50 and 75 acres, without significant increase in the fire's size. At this point, detailed mapping of the actual acreage has not been completed. The firefighters on the incident are making good progress […]
- April 2 - Weaverville Community Forest Fuels & Rec prescribed fire project (Shasta-Trinity RX Burning 2020/2021 Prescribed Fire) March 30, 2021REDDING, Calif, March 30, 2021— The Shasta-Trinity National Forest is preparing to initiate prescribed fire activities within the Weaverville Community Forest (WCF) on National Forest System lands in Weaverville, California. The WCF Phase 1 project includes a target of approximately 150 acres of prescribed fire underburn operations planned for this spring. Prescribed burning could […]
- 03.23.2021 - Pile Burning in Horse Creek Drainage (Klamath NF RX Burning 2020/2021 Prescribed Fire) March 23, 2021Today crews from Oak Knoll are burning 5 acres of piles in the Horse Creek drainage between Howard's Gulch and the Horse Creek Road. Smoke may be visible to motorists on Highway 96. If conditions allow, crews could burn up to 50 acres of piles in this area over the next few
- Prescribed Fire Pile Burning Project near Lakehead March 17, 2021 (Shasta-Trinity RX Burning 2020/2021 Prescribed Fire) March 17, 2021Fire managers are burning 10 acres of piles in the Sugarloaf Project area near Lakehead today
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-04 SNF-Rec-Site-Roads-Trails Closure March 19, 2021Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-04 Sierra National Forest Recreation Site, Road and Trail Closure Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50%3Aa%3A and %3Ab%3A, and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Sierra National Forest. This Order is effective from March 20, 2021 through April 21, 2021. To […]
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-20-10 SNF Developed Recreation Site Closures July 2, 2020Forest Order No. 05-15-00-20-10 Sierra National Forest Developed Recreation Site Closure Order Pursuant to 16 USC 551 and 36 CFR 261.50%3Aa%3A, and to provide for public safety, the following act is prohibited within the Sierra National Forest. This Order is effective from July 3, 2020, through October 1, 2020. Entering or using a Developed Recreation […]
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-20-08 SNF Developed Recreation Site Closure Order June 12, 2020Forest Order No. 05-15-00-20-08 Sierra National Forest Developed Recreation Site Closure Order Pursuant to 16 USC 551 and 36 CFR 261.50%3Aa%3A, and to provide for public safety, the following act is prohibited within the Sierra National Forest. This Order is effective from June 18, 2020, through October 1, 2020. Entering or using a Developed Recreation […]
- Road Construction Ahead June 8, 2020Construction on Beasore Road will begin on June 10th, 2020 paving work will take place on the road one %3A1%3A mile passed the Chiquito Bridge. Visitors can expect up to two %3A2%3A hour traffic delays during the project, and a lot of construction equipment traffic on Beasore Road. Work is expected to last for about […]
- Regional Order - No. 20-02 March 26, 2020Pursuant to 16 USC 551 and 36 CFR 261.50%3Aa%3A, and to provide for public safety, the following act is prohibited on National Forest System lands under my jurisdiction within the State of California. This Order is effective from March 26, 2020, through April 30, 2020. R5 Developed Rec Sites Closing Through Apr. 30, 2020
- Sierra National Forest offers progressive seedling program to area residents April 2, 2021NORTH FORK, CA. April 02, 2021- The Bass Lake Ranger District is set to begin its 2021 reforestation program. During the next six weeks, contract and Forest Service crews will be planting approximatel...
- Public Notice About Fuelwood from theÂ Sierra National Forest March 29, 2021Clovis, CA., March 29, 2021– As the impacts from COVID-19 continue to be felt across the country, the Sierra National Forest %3ASNF%3A remains committed to providing services on our public lands and...
- Reminder to be aware and prepared as bears emerge from hibernation March 17, 2021Clovis, CA., March 17, 2021 - The Sierra National Forest %3ASNF%3A is home to black bears providing important habitat for bears and other wildlife. It is important to always be “Bear Aware” an...