This page has incident feeds below the incident resource links. These feeds are from CAL FIRE, Inciweb, and the USFS. Click to skip to feeds.
For up to the minute fire information use the resources listed below.
Shortcuts to timely incident info.
- Sierra News Online Facebook Page
- Mountain Fires & Emergency Facebook Group
- CAL FIRE Facebook Page
- CAL FIRE Current Incidents Page
- CAL FIRE Statewide Fire Map
- CAL FIRE TV
- Oakhurst Area Facebook Page
- InciWeb California Incidents
- Sierra Star Online Facebook Page
Madera Mariposa Merced Counties Fire (MMU) Live Dispatch Radio Audio Feed
Click for more incident links page.
During the off season the information in the feeds will mostly be from the last fire season, or prescribed burn activity, and current events.
For a fire to reach incident level, the fire has to have grown to the point of needing a command center. Lack of incidents is good!! You want this page to be inactive!
- Shady Fire (Riverside County) Started 5/18/2019, updated 5/19/2019 May 20, 2019
- Border Fire (San Diego County) Started 5/13/2019, updated 5/19/2019 May 19, 2019
- Camp Fire (Butte County) Started 11/08/2018, updated 5/15/2019 May 15, 2019Camp Fire WERT Report
- Sugar Fire (Placer County) Started 5/10/2019, updated 5/10/2019 May 10, 2019
- Refuge Fire (Kern County) Started 5/07/2019, updated 5/09/2019 May 9, 2019
- Bluff Mesa Rx (Prescribed Fire) May 19, 2019Update (Sunday, May 19, 2019) - Due to the current storm system and resulting moisture on the ground, the Bluff Mesa prescribed burn has been delayed. Crews will re-evaluate and return this spring when and if conditions are safe and productive. An announcement will be made if a new date is determined.Original Notice - To […]
- Shasta-Trinity Prescribed Fires 2018-19 (Prescribed Fire) May 15, 2019See the 'Announcements' and 'News' Tabs for the latest information on planned prescribed burns. As temperatures drop and the first precipitation of the season arrives, the Shasta-Trinity National Forest is conducting its fall, winter and spring prescribed fire projects. “The 2018 fire season has provided significant firefighting challenges for the Shasta-Trinity National Forest, our partners […]
- Thomas Mountain Rx (Prescribed Fire) April 30, 2019Crews are continuing to hold, monitor and staff the project. No new ignitions will occur in spring or summer 2019, but prescribed fire already on the ground may continue to consume ground litter, such as duff, leaves and needles, and may continue to send smoke into the air from time to time. 500 acres have […]
- Kern River Ranger District Prescribed RX (Prescribed Fire) April 18, 2019PLEASE USE CAUTION AND SLOW DOWN WHEN DRIVING THROUGH PRESCRIBED BURN AREAS.Work is being carried out in and around parked fire equipment. Public and firefighter safety remain our #1 priorityHazardous Fuel Reduction projects are scheduled this winter/spring on three mountaintops within the Kern River Ranger District on the Sequoia National Forest, as well as various […]
- SBNF Storm Damage (Flood) March 29, 2019The rainstorm of Feb. 14, 2019, caused extensive damage to Forest Service roads across the national forest, which covers the San Bernardino and San Jacinto mountains, as well as as the eastern slice of the San Gabriels. Damage was also caused to permitted state routes maintained by Caltrans. An incident response team has been created […]
- Trails (Bluff Mesa Rx Prescribed Fire) May 16, 2019Due to the proximity to the prescribed burning area, the Champion Lodgepole Trail will be closed during the project. The upper trailheads of the Siberia Creek and Castle Rock trails may be closed.
- Forest Roads (Bluff Mesa Rx Prescribed Fire) May 16, 2019During operations, forest roads 2N11 and 2N86 are expected to be closed. Traffic delays may occur along 2N10 on the west side.
- Yellow-Post Sites (Bluff Mesa Rx Prescribed Fire) May 16, 2019Due to their proximity to the burn area, yellow-post sites #28 and #29 have been closed and will reopen after the burn and area is deemed safe.
- Prescribed burning planned for the Big Bear area (Bluff Mesa Rx Prescribed Fire) May 16, 2019After a wet winter and with spring weather conditions continuing to be ideal for prescribed burning, San Bernardino National Forest officials are planning to begin ignitions in an area southwest of Big Bear Lake beginning Monday, May 20. The broadcast burn on Bluff Mesa is expected to last through the end of the week. Smoke […]
- Prescribed pile burning planned May 16-24 on west side of forest (Shasta-Trinity Prescribed Fires 2018-19 Prescribed Fire) May 15, 2019Fire managers on the Shasta-Trinity National Forest are planning on prescribed burning hand piles in two areas on the west side of the forest over the next week to ten days. The Trinity Post Fire Hazard Reduction Project area is located three miles north of Hyampom and the Helena Suppression Repair Project is located three […]
- Forest Order 05-15-00-18-14 Fire Restictions and Closure Plan July 20, 2018Forest Order #05-15-00-18-14 Fire Restictions and Closure Plan
- Forest Order 05-15-00-18-14 Fire Restictions July 20, 2018Forest Order #05-15-00-18-14 Fire Restrictions
- Forest Order 05-15-52-18-09 Camping Restrictions Kaiser Wilderness July 3, 2018Forest Order #05-15-52-18-09 Camping Restrictions Kaiser Wilderness
- Fire Restrictions August 9, 2017The following restrictions are now in place on the Sierra National Forest. For more information please contact your local ranger station. CURRENT: Campfire Restrictions are in effect on the Sierra National Forest. Forest Order #05-15-00-18-14 Fire Restrictions & Forest Order 05-15-00-18-14 Fire Restrictions and Closure Plan CURRENT: Wilderness Campfire Restrictions Forest Order #05-15-00-17-17
- Forest Order No.05-15-00-17-05/06/07/08 Wilderness Grazing May 23, 2017This document explains the reationale and the regulatory basis for implementing grazing restrictions for the Ansel Adams, John Muir and Dinkey lakes Wilderness areas onthe Sierra National Forest. Forest Order #05-15-00-17-05/06/07/08 Wilderness Grazing
- National Park Service Releases Serious Accident Investigation and Corrective Action Plan in Arrowhead Hotshot Brian Hughes Fatality May 7, 2019%3Ah3%3ANational Park Service Releases Serious Accident Investigation and Corrective Action Plan in Arrowhead Hotshot Brian Hughes Fatality%3A/h3%3A Today May 07, 2019, the National Park Service released t...
- 5th Annual Yosemite Half Marathon to Take Place in Bass Lake on May 11th May 6, 2019%3Ah3 style="text-align: center;"%3A5th Annual Yosemite Half Marathon to Take Place in Bass Lake on May 11th%3A/h3%3A Bass Lake, Calif., May 06, 2019 – The 5th Annual Yosemite Half Marathon, a race c...
- Sierra National Forest plans to resume precribed burning in the Bass Lake Ranger District May 2, 2019%3Ah3 style="text-align: center;"%3ASierra National Forest plans to resume precribed burning in the Bass Lake Ranger District%3A/h3%3A OAKHURST, Calif., May 2, 2019 –Sierra National Forest fire offic...
- Water/Boating Safety on the Sierra National Forest April 26, 2019%3Ah3 style="text-align: center;"%3AWater/Boating Safety equals spring/summer enjoyment on the Sierra National Forest%3A/h3%3A Clovis, CA April 26, 2019 – As warmer weather arrives, many of us get ou...
- Sierra National ForestÂ announces Blue Canyon spring prescribed fire project April 25, 2019%3Ah3%3ASierra National Forest announces Blue Canyon spring prescribed fire project%3A/h3%3A Prather, Calif., April 25, 2019 – Sierra National Forest fire managers are planning to begin u...
- Sierra National Forest Officials request visitors to the forest use caution while driving on forest roads during their visit April 25, 2019%3Ah3 style="text-align: center;"%3ASierra National Forest Officials request visitors to the forest use caution while driving on forest roads during their visit%3A/h3%3A Clovis, CA. April 25, 2019 – ...